Wednesday, September 3, 2008

School has started!

Well, yesterday was the first official day of school and it went pretty well (excpet that we were missing my most favorite teacher....*sigh*). I was in Mrs. W's classroom yesterday but really, with my schedule, I'm not really in anyone's classroom for more than a half an hour ever. It's so weird. Out of the entire day, I spend 3 hours in the classroom assisting teachers. The rest of the time I'm at lunch with the kids, at recess with them (or 3rd grade *snarl*) or taking my built in 15 minute breaks. That's a new strange thing to get used to. We never had built in breaks before. They're nice, don't misunderstand, but it's just odd. We used to just grab a potty break or a snack break when the kids went to specials. But now they go to specials while we are at recess with the bigger kids. There is absolutely no time for the extra work that we used to get accomplished. There is no extra time in there for laminating or putting things together, or cutting things out. I'm complaining, I should stop that now.

Chelsea and Myrena both started yesterday as well. Chelsea likes her teachers all a lot. Myrena of course loves her teacher because she has the same teacher as last year. Yesterday Myrena was wearing the goofiest socks. She's so silly and of course she's going to start the year by letting everyone know how silly she is. Chelsea went to school with pink and black hair. But that's not anything unusual and the kids that went to middle school with her are, I'm sure, used to her by now, however, the kids that she doesn't know were a bit surprised by her look I think. She said when she walked into Science class there were lots of "OH!"s going on. My kids are definitely individual eggs for sure (Chelsea happens to look like an Easter egg!).

I know it's been a long time since I last posted. The summer got really busy on me and before I knew it, school was starting and I still hadn't posted anything from our summer adventures. I'm going to post some photos and do it that way very soon. In the meantime, here are the girls on the first day of school (yeah, I'm a dorky mom and make my kids pose on the first day!).

Oh shoot! You can't see Myrena's crazy socks. They had little headphones and music notes all over them. *grin*

Here's a better on of Chelsea's hair.

Wow, her face looks really white there. Oh well, it's the picture I have for now. ha ha. She's a nut! Her ballet teacher commented on it. She doesn't like it. Chelsea was sure she wouldn't.

I need to go for now. Time for school.



No comments: