Sunday, July 6, 2008

Myrena's birthday party

She had a blast. It wasn't so bad for me either. I just kept cleaning up the mess and putting out a new activity. I've got some fun pictures. The kids were so silly but not misbehaved at all. It was a good group of girls. It was kind of funny to see that they were all little dancers. Julian doesn't dance anymore, but she used to.


First they swam out back in the pool.

Then they came in and wanted to do a craft. I had little tote bags for them to decorate with paints and some other stuff. They had fun with those. Julia wasn't there yet. She had a wedding to go to so she was a little late.


Then we had cake. I guess I should have a put a cute pic of her cake on here, but this one was funnier. LOL


Nice cake Myrena!

They sure had fun with these glow sticks and I had fun taking pictures of them. ha ha ha
Then it was out to the pool with the glow sticks.

Playing Rock Band on the Wii until the wee hours of the morning. Good thing our neighbors weren't home that night.
After all this they played hide and seek in the house, in the dark. They had on glow sticks so it wasn't too hard for them to find one another. They had a blast though adn Mark and I just stayed in the office out of the way. They only came to us to ask permission to do something. Finally at three a.m. I told them that the old people were going to bed and they were restricted to being in the livingroom, diningroom and kitchen area. They put in a movie and settled down...well, some of them settled down. Most were asleep pretty quickly but others were up all night.
Mark and I got up around ten the next morning and they were already up and wanting to get in the pool. So they did and Mark made breakfast.

Yummy! Pancakes and sausage.
All in all I think they had a great time and Myrena loved her party. She felt all grown up having a party that the adults weren't allowed to attend. After all, she is a double digit now! *grin*

No comments: