Monday, June 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Myrena

My youngest just turned 10!
*Sniff* *Sniff*
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
I can't believe she's ten already. Just a few days ago she was in Ms. Crostley's classroom in her tiny little uniform pretending to be a student while I graded papers. I can't believe it. She's in fifth grade now!

OMG! I've got one in high school and one graduated! Holy crap I'm getting old!

Okay, enough of that.
We had a nice little party for Myrena tonight, just the family. Her slumber party is on Saturday and she's just about to burst. I was given strict instructions about what I am and am not allowed to do. I may not plan the party out. I may have all of the activities available for them to choose from and they will participate when they're ready. I may order pizza for them. I may not eat the pizza with them. I may put in a movie. I may not watch the movie. I am allowed to be awake in my room and watch my own dinky little t.v. while they watch the wide screen downstairs. How very gracious of her. Right? I make it all sound so mean don't I? I think it's funny. It used to be that she wanted a theme party that was perfectly planned and everyone had something to do at a certain time. Not anymore. She wants to "hang" with her friends. You know, after all, she is a double digit now. Ahem, pardon me.

We bought this little teeny cake today and asked the lady at the bakery to write on it. That was sort of funny. It was a 1/8 sheet cake. I didn't want to go all overboard because she's getting cake and stuff on Saturday but I did want to celebrate a little on her day. So, we got her a cake, some presents from the family and made her a special dinner or her choice. She chose spaghetti, which is good because I can make spaghetti without killing it. LOL I think she knew that too.

She's going to the Think B.I.G. camp at Elizabethtown College this week. She's so funny talking about how she's going to college. She really enjoyed the first day and being the stellar mother that I am, I missed the bus. The principal had to take her and two other kids all the way there. I was going to take Myrena and Kayla, after all it was my fault they missed the bus. Sort of my fault. I could blame it on the kid, but then, it really would have been a good idea to verify the information instead of just taking her word for it. LOL So, they rode in Mrs. Hopkins car and I promised they would be on time tomorrow. Oops. *embarrassed shrug*

I'm going to check out the Dutch Apple Dinner Theater's website tonight. They have workshops and camps and stuff and I want to see if there is anything Chelsea might enjoy. I'd love to keep her busy this summer. Not that she doesn't already have something to do. She has a project due on the first day of school. ha ha ha. It's a reading project and she has to choose from one of these books...
The Catcher In The Rye
The Chosen
I Never Promised You A Rose Garden
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
The Autobiography of Miss Jane Pitman
The Yellow Raft in Blue Water
When I was Puerto Rican
How The Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents

I have no idea which one she wants but we've got to go to Barnes and Nobles tomorrow to pick one of them up. And then she's got to do a magazine project with the book. This should be interesting. And so starts the honors classes at McCaskey High School. LOL

Well it's late and Kayla will be here bright and early tomorrow morning. At least I've only got her for a little bit then they're off to Think B.I.G. camp for the day.

I should go to bed now.

Oh yeah, and I'm working on this awesome market bag. I love it so far. I can't wait to get it done. Then, I'm going to go to market for real. It was so much fun when we walked down with the littles. I want to go by myself this time though. Maybe I'll let Mark go with me, but no littles. LOL

1 comment:

Mrs. Aleisha Brixius said...

OMG... that was long (LOL).

Happy Birthday Meyrena. I was just thinking of her today trying to figure out how old she was for some odd reason and 10 popped in my head - I was right!!!
So, she got to ride in Mrs. Hopkins car. OOOHHHHHH. Did she have her cool soft jazz on? She had it on when I went with her to get a flu shot. It was very relaxing.

So, did you go to market? I went today. I go every Tuesday if you ever want to bum around - but I have littles. Can't wait to see your bag.